Firstly, congratulations on the new smile! A smile is one of the first things people notice about you, so well-done you made the right decision on such a huge self-improvement. Making self-improvements is one of the most important things you should always strive for throughout your life.
When you first had your composite bonding done, you were no doubt ecstatic, and revolved your diet, your oral care regimes and just about whatever your put in your mouth - around your new smile! But unfortunately, for most people, after some time passes, the novelty wears off and they begin to slack on properly looking after those pearly whites.
Why does composite bonding stain?
Composite bonding like most things, is not completely stain-resistant. The material is porous which means it has minuscule spaces which aren’t visible to the human eye, that liquids could potentially seep into, and further develop into stains.
How to remove stains from composite bonding
Our top 5 tips to remove staining are:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, making sure to swirl water when doing so. Use a specialist toothpaste that's recommended by dentists.
- Use an electric toothbrush, the vibrational forces can help dislodge any particles between the teeth.
- Use a Waterpik water flosser which blasts air and water between the teeth.
- Have your cosmetic dentist buffer up and re-shine the composite bonding.
- If the staining is beyond repair, you may need to have your composite bonding re-done.
Tips to prevent composite bonding stainingOur top 5 tips to prevent staining are:
- Get into the habit of drinking everything through a straw. Most liquids that we consume are heavy in colour, which will eventually lead to staining.
- If you’re a smoker, highly consider giving it up completely. It’s basically a decision of have stain-free bonding or having yellow lines around your teeth.
- If you vape, staining is a lot less likely to occur than if you smoked regular cigarettes. However, vape liquids that are coloured could potentially stain your bonding, so steer clear.
- If you have the choice, avoid food or drinks that would cause stains. What food or drinks cause stains? Think of foods that you would avoid eating with a white t-shirt on and that should help you decide.
- Obviously it will be difficult to avoid these foods and drinks ALL the time. So when eating or drinking these foods, use a spoon and try spoon them past your teeth into the back of your mouth, and use a straw for liquids.
Now that you’re equipped with the knowledge, put it to use. We all know that old saying that knowledge is power, well it's only potential power. It only becomes power when we apply it and use it. Somebody who reads a book and doesn't apply it, they're at no advantage over someone who's illiterate.
Venneir® Specialist toothpaste has been rated #1 on Google & Amazon with amazing feedback from thousands of customers who've had composite bonding.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!